February 2012 – Noise & Vibration Monitoring Training
Early this year En-Sure monitoring team attended an intensive week-long course in noise & vibration monitoring and assessment, especially in relation to construction site projects. The course programme was prepared by Moloney & Associates Ltd and included a basic knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Basic concepts, measurement and instrumentation;
- Human hearing and environmental noise assessment;
- Noise assessment standards;
- Noise risk assessment;
- Hearing loss and hearing protection;
- Legal aspects of workplace noise; and
- Environmental and workplace vibration.
The programme was designed to include understanding the assessment procedures and the analysis that goes with it, rather than being restricted to noise and vibration measurement procedures.
Posted in Training